If you are looking for a quality pickleball paddle, you may consider monarch paddles. These paddles are designed for players of all levels and provide great value for the price. In this article, we will discuss the different types of monarch paddles available as well as the benefits they offer. Keep reading to learn more!
Monarch manufactures pickleball paddles and is abided by the core principles of providing durability, playability and consistency through their pickleball paddles and equipment. The brand focuses on providing high-quality pickleball paddles at an affordable price.
Monarch offers 4 different types of pickleball paddles along with an additional wooden paddle. The newest addition to the Monarch brand is the Golden Axe paddle and other than this, the remaining four are as follows:
- Monarch Mercenary
- Monarch Dragon Slayer
- Monarch Long Sword Pro
- Monarch Crown Jewel Pro
Tips Before Buying Pickleball Paddles:
It is recommended to look at several factors before purchasing Pickleball paddles. Personal preference matters a lot, and it is recommended to pay special attention to minute details for having a perfect and efficient game as it all depends on pickleball.
The weight of a pickleball paddle matters a lot in a game. It is recommended to choose a lightweight paddle for an efficient game. The weight of Monarch paddles are not more than 8 oz, and they are also simple to manoeuvre. These paddles are quite easy to control as compared to other heavy paddles.
It would help if you considered several factors before investing in your Pickleball paddle. Though some of these factors are a matter of personal preference, paying close attention to certain minute details will help in efficient game action.
The paddles from Monarch are longer than the rest of their competitors. These long paddles provide a nice whipping motion and are accurate for fair play. These paddles help gain a competitive edge over the opponent to gain more reach to volley at an extra speed.
3. Control and Paddle Power:
The core of these paddles is fibreglass and graphite, which helps to render more power on each move. These paddles provide good control over the ball.
If you want fair play combined with power, then Monarch paddles are best to go. These paddles help produce a more forceful swing and leave their opponent in a puzzled state.
4. The Grip on Paddle:
The grip provided by Monarch paddles is comfortable for exceptional wrist action. It has been noted that the paddles with a long and wide grip usually fatigues the wrist and leave the hand of the player in an uncomfortable state. When the player is playing, such paddles also tend to slip from their hand.
Monarch paddles reduce fatigue and provide more control. They are also highly recommended due to their sweat absorption property which provides uninterrupted play.
Monarch pickleball paddles are suitable and appealing to all players. They are available in vibrant colours, contributing an aesthetic and appealing style to the players.
What is the Difference Between a Monarch Pickleball Paddle and a Regular Pickleball Paddle?
- The dimpled surface is the biggest difference between Monarch Pickleball paddles and regular pickleball paddles. This design is said to improve ball control, which can be helpful when playing competitively.
- Monarch Pickleball paddles are made from durable materials that withstand wear and tear.
- They also feature a comfortable grip and an ergonomic shape that is easy to hold.
Models of Monarch Pickleball Paddles:
1. Monarch Mercenary:
- Monarch Mercenary is a lightweight pickleball paddle featuring an aluminium honeycomb core and holds a wide body.
- This pickleball paddle has a graphite surface with a new-gen core which helps in delivering power and control.
- The large hitting area associated with this pickleball makes them a perfect choice for beginners and advanced level players.
- This paddle has a cushion contour stitched rib grip, which provides a solid feel during an active play and game of pickleball.
- This Monarch paddle is a strong paddle holding a weight between 8-8.05 oz and is neither too heavy nor too lightweight.
- With this pickleball paddle, a person can perfectly time their shots for comfortable and controllable play.
|This Monarch pickleball paddle is a lightweight paddle having a wide body with an aluminium honeycomb core.||This paddle has a long handle and is slightly heavy as compared to other handles.|
|This pickleball has a graphite surface which delivers the best characteristic powers and control.||The aluminium honeycomb associated with this pickleball paddle is not as strong as it is claimed.|
2. Monarch Dragon Slayer:
- This Monarch pickleball paddle is considered one of the favourites among players due to its graphics.
- This paddle holds a well-balanced and composite construction and is best for those pickleball players who had just started their journey as pickleball players.
- This Monarch paddle does not offer a powerful combination of finesse and power.
- This Monarch dragon slayer has a feature of advanced polypropylene core having a fibreglass surface and holds the capability of hitting strong shots.
- The length of Monarch Dragon Slayer is 15.5 inches, followed by a width of 7.75 inches.
- This type of Monarch pickleball paddle can be used for outdoor and indoor pickleball games by any player.
|This Monarch pickleball paddle is a well-balanced paddle having a composite core construction.||This paddle does not provide a grip that can have sweat dissipating properties.|
|This paddle is suitable for intermediate and advanced players and offers a perfect combination of power and control.||This paddle does not have a paddle cover.|
|This paddle is suitable for both indoor and outdoor games.|
3. Monarch Long Sword Pro:
- Monarch Long Sword paddle holds an elongated design and comprises fibreglass and graphite surface layers. These features make this paddle the best of both worlds.
- A polypropylene core is associated with these paddles, which allow them a precise and controlled shot with power.
- The grip of these paddles provides a comfortable feel to the player due to its cushioning.
- This Monarch pickleball paddle is considered best for those who love to play finesse shots, including dink and spin shots.
- The weight of this pickleball paddle is just around 8 oz, with a length of 17 inches and a width of 7 inches.
4. Monarch Crown Jewel Pro:
- Monarch Crown Jewel Pro is one of the latest pickleball paddles and is the best marketing product revealing the features of better spin, power and overall control.
- This Monarch pickleball paddle holds a polypropylene core with a textured fibreglass surface and competes well with Gamma and head pickleball paddles.
- Monarch paddles are held fused layers of graphite and fibreglass, which can deliver some extra burst of power. These paddles allow maintaining control similar to an existing line of products.
- These paddles offer Polycore technology which reduces the paddle’s weight and adds power and control to the paddles for fair play.
- These paddles have a thick core having fewer points towards force absorption and shot accuracy.
Monarch Pickleball Paddles Buyers’ Guide:
If you are looking for the best Monarch pickleball paddles that can suit your need, you must look for some specific features for selecting the best one.
When it comes to purchasing a Monarch Pickleball paddle, there are a few things you need to know before making your decision. Here is a buyers’ guide that will outline the different features of Monarch Pickleball paddles and help you decide which one is right for you.
The dimpled surface is one of the most unique features of Monarch Pickleball paddles. This design is said to improve ball control, which can be helpful when playing competitively.
Monarch Pickleball paddles are made from durable materials that withstand wear and tear. They also feature a comfortable grip and an ergonomic shape that is easy to hold.
Monarch Pickleball paddles are available in four different sizes: small, medium, large, and extra-large. This allows players to find the perfect paddle size for their individual needs.
So, if you’re looking for a Monarch Pickleball paddle that can help improve your ball control, then be sure to check out the best suitable for you. You’ll find paddles in a variety of sizes and colours so that you can find the perfect one for your needs.
How Do I Choose the Right Monarch Pickleball Paddle?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as everyone may have different preferences. However, it is important to consider the size of the paddle, its weight, and the grip type before making a purchase.
Additionally, it is important to remember that Monarch Pickleball paddles are designed with a unique dimpled surface to improve ball control. So, if this feature is important to you, be sure to choose a Monarch Pickleball paddle over a regular pickleball paddle.
Monarch Pickleball: Size Vs. Grip Comparison:
Monarch Pickleball paddles are available in four different sizes: small, medium, large, and extra-large. This allows players to find the perfect paddle size for their individual.
Monarch Paddle Type
Monarch LongSword Pro Paddle
Monarch Dragon Slayer
1. Construction: Composite vs Graphite:
There are two kinds of materials used in constructing Monarch pickleball paddles, including composite and graphite.
|Composite paddles used a variety of materials for their construction and materials which are used are hybrid.||Graphite paddles used a single material for their construction.|
|Composite constructed paddles come in various shapes and sizes and such technology allows to have a textured surface on the paddle too.||These paddles are lightweight and are comfortable and easy to use.|
|The materials are combined using a mesh and moulding approach for creating this type of paddle.||These paddles are more durable as compared to composite paddles as they are heavyweight.|
|The common construction cores used in the manufacturing of composite paddles are Polymer, Nomex and Aluminum.||Graphite paddles are considered ideal for professional players and include a honeycomb polymer core|
|Composite paddles allow aggressive shots due to their high responsiveness and high-quality texture.||Monarch Mercenary Pickleball paddle is one of the best paddles made up of graphite material.|
The price of Monarch paddles varies and depends on the material used for their construction. Monarch Dragon Slayer paddles are considered the least expensive and are constructed with graphite layers. Materials matter a lot and determine price too.
3. Grip Size:
A correct grip for pickleball paddles help in attaining quick serves, and quick hand changes are provided if both hands are used in the game. The grip for the paddle depends on the length, width and grip size. The smallest grip size revolves around 4 inches, while 4 and a half is considered the largest grip.
Choose the correct grip for your hand, which can allow you to play comfortably within a full range of motions.
A larger grip provides more stability in game style and causes the paddle to slip too in hand. It also causes some elbow problems for the players. While on the other hand, a smaller grip allows more wrist action and aids in putting a spin on the ball and ensures more control of the player on the paddle. A player can use an overgrip for wrapping the paddle according to its own needs.
|Height of the player||Size of the grip|
|Below 5’2’’||4’’ grip|
|Between 5’3’’ to 5’8’’||4 inches to 4 and a half inches grip|
|5’9’’ and taller||4 and a half inches grip|
Pros and Cons of Light Weight and Heavyweight Monarch Paddles:
|Lightweight Paddles||Heavyweight Paddles|
|They provide an increased ball control||These paddles provide more power|
|These paddles offer better manoeuvrability||These paddles require less effort to hit the ball at a harder pace|
|These paddles offer less stress on elbow and shoulder||These paddles are easy to hit the ball at a deep position|
|These paddles offer a reduced power and drive||These paddles place stress on injuries, especially on elbows|
|These paddles provide a strong swing when needed||These paddles offer slow swing with less control during the game|
|These paddles are hard to hit a long and hard shots||These paddles increase fatigue if a player plays the game with them for a long time.|
The Monarch paddle is designed for power players who want to dominate the court. Its weight and large hitting surface give you the control and force you need to put away shots. The Monarch also comes with a comfortable grip that will keep your hand from shaking during intense rallies.
If you’re looking for a powerful pickleball paddle that will help you win games, the Monarch is a great option. It has a large hitting surface and plenty of weight, making it easy to hit balls hard and fast. Plus, its comfortable grip means you won’t have to worry about your handshaking during important points.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Is Monarch considered a good paddle in the pickleball world?
The Monarch holds an excellent range of strong paddles, weighing between 8-8.05 oz. They are neither too lightweight nor too heavyweight. A player can time the shots to perfection in a comfortable and controllable manner with a pleasant feel.
Which paddles are mostly used by the pro pickleball players?
Some of the best pickleball paddles used by the pro players are:
- ONIX Evoke premier pickleball paddle
- Ben Johns signature pickleball paddle
- Paddletek Bantam EX-L
- Gamma Legend NeuCore
- Engage Elite pro-Maverick by Jessie Irvine edition
Which paddle is considered as the number one in the pickleball world?
The number one and finest pickleball paddle considered is the Onix Z5 Graphite Pickleball Paddle. This pickleball paddle is a huge hit across the pickleball sport and is used by beginners and pro players.
Which Ben Johns uses pickleball paddle?
Ben Johns use Franklin Sports Pro pickleball paddle. It holds an extra grip MaxGrit technology and is a pro tournament pickleball paddle.
Where are gamma pickleball paddles mainly manufactured?
Gamma sports manufacture pickleball paddles from the Gamma collection in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. They are known as the best ones for tennis rackets and strings.
Is Monarch pickleball paddle considered a good paddle?
Yes, Monarch pickleball paddles are considered good pickleball paddles because of their specific features such as durability weight and can be played in a controllable manner.
Which is considered as the number one pickleball paddle?
Onix Z5 Graphite Pickleball paddle is considered one of the top pickleball paddles. It is used by all sorts of players, including beginners and pro-players.
Which pickleball paddle is considered a better one?
Composite pickleball paddles are considered the best one as they offer the most reliable combination of accuracy, power, and control.
Which kind of pickleball paddles are made up in the USA?
In USA, the following pickleball paddles are manufactured, including:
- Diadem Pickleball including Margaritaville by Head Vulcan
- Gearbox Prolite Topp pickleball
- Diadem Pickleball including Margaritaville by Head ProKennex
How long can a pickleball paddle last?
Depending on its usage and care, a pickleball paddle can last between 1-5 years.
How often can a pickleball paddle be replaced?
Pickleball paddles can last more than 5 years if cared for well, depending on their usage and range. The graphics carved on pickleball paddles might fade away with time, but it does not determine that they are now a waste product.
Are the graphite pickleball paddles considered the better paddles?
Graphite pickleball paddles are light and strong and offer a powerful boost. It is recommended that all players, including beginners and pro players, use graphite pickleball paddles.
I am Suryashankar, a passionate pickleball player with over 3 years of experience. I created this website to share my knowledge and experience with others just starting or looking to improve their game.
My mission is to provide you with the most unbiased and comprehensive information about pickleball.
Through my experience and expertise, I have curated this article to offer valuable insights, tips, and tricks to help you become a better player.